2. Be done with the notions of experiences and an experiencer.
3. Abide as the “awakened / alert sleep” state.
4. Be unflinchingly true to Truth.
5. Abide as the original, natural, pre-universe state, identified only with the nothingness until even that identity falls away.
[PLEASE NOTE: There is no one to benefit from Realization. There is but the opportunity to live naturally during the remainder of the relative existence. It is the nisarga yoga that is the key element of all of the teachings here with no intent other than to afford an opportunity to live naturally rather than unnaturally and supernaturally…a.k.a., trapped in magical thinking.]
6. Seek the Void, the Ultimate De-Accumulation, The Nothingness.
7. Abandon all egotistical beliefs about supremacy.
8. Be concerned with the war that most impacts your relative existence.
[PLEASE NOTE: Again, a seeker during the recent satsang admitted to the lingering effects of early programming: attachment to body (including fear of illness and death), exacerbated by the fear of the potential for eternal punishment. I say to all in that mental-emotional trap, the sooner “you” die, the better, relatively speaking.
The sooner You see that “you” were not born, the sooner that “you” can die.
The sooner You see that whatever was not born cannot die, the better, relatively speaking.]
9. If you yet take yourself or YourSelf to be something or someone, consider that you are ignoring one of the earliest invitations by the Advaitin teacher, namely, to be free of all concepts and ideas and beliefs.
10. Associate with “company” that does not reinforce beliefs about “separation” and duality (otherwise known as what Maharaj called “good company” and “noble friendship” and “holy company”). If that is not available, then keep only your own company instead.
11. Never compromise Your integrity and Your dedication to the teachings. To falter in impeccability—that is, to compromise in regards to zero tolerance of anything short of zero concepts—will leave you in as much chaos as those who have never heard these teachings and are trapped in duality 24-7.
12. Understand that a refusal by an Advaitin to associate with certain persons or groups does not suggest that the Advaitin does not still understand the Oneness.
13. Be childlike without being childish.
14. Unlearn all learned ignorance to return to the Child (Free Of) Ignorance state.
15. Admit that the mind”—initially the seat of all ignorance—will also eventually become the guardian of all ignorance as well.
16. Admit that no one (including seekers and non-seekers as well) can know what she/he does not know, and admit that what you think you know is nothing more nor less than learned ignorance.
17. Understand that there is no such thing as an “Advaitin belief.”
18. Efforts to quiet the “mind” or to ignore thoughts cannot succeed with any consistency.
19. The “mind” is the instrument that supports your personality with thoughts, and those thoughts are the instruments that will forever prevent "peace of “mind”; in fact, there is no such thing as "peace of “mind." There is only peace if freed of the "“mind."
20. Consciousness is rooted in the Absolute. The brain is rooted in the elements. The ‘“mind”’ is rooted in wrong programming and faulty conditioning and lies and concepts and ideas and superstitions and falsehoods.
21. You are in a play, playing a role, and believing that the role and the play are both real. Why would you believe such nonsense? Because "your “mind” is the playwright, the author of every scene.
22. Everything that is said here is to be used to get rid of another false belief until all ideas and emotional intoxication and beliefs are gone and nothing remains but the unstated understanding. Only then can the constant churning and re-churning of the false beliefs of the corrupted “mind” finally cease.
23. What is that inner resource, that inner guru? It is the vestige of pure consciousness that remains, deeply buried beneath the waste called “your mind.”
24. In order to know (the great) Reality, you must be sane. In order to be sane, you must be out of your “mind.”
25. Believe nothing that you see or hear. Find out what You already know.
26. Persons are not at all what they appear to be.
27. No more is anyone given a simple life; furthermore, your complex life and problems are not of your own making.
28. For millions of years, humankind had a simple life before complex problems became the status quo. You can go back—if you go all of the way back in the strictest Advaitin sense—to a simple life.
29. The most “controversial pointers” (that is, those which trigger a reaction from persons among the non-Realized who are trapped in ego-states and egotism) are those that deal with their religious and/or spiritual beliefs.
30. The religious and spiritual stages, however, are only the third of seven steps on “the path” to Full Realization.
Please enter the silence of contemplation. (To be continued)
ADVAITA VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE
Below are five lists containing thirty-three Advaitin subjects that are discussed on the YouTube videos that follow each of the lists.
(The numeric counter information is provided so that you can move to the exact location in the videos to find any particular discussion that might be of interest)
Advaita Topics 1-9:
1. Defining Advaita Vedanta (Counter 28-55)
2. Methods of Teaching (Counter 55-144)
3. Unicity / Nonduality (Counter 144-239)
4. I AM THAT; I AM (Counter 239-331)
5. Learn vs. Unlearn (Counter 331-413)
6. Unlearn What? (Counter 413-444)
7. Person vs. Realized (444-525)
8. The Triad (Counter 525-745)
9. Before Conception (Counter 745-901)
Click on the arrow below to start Video One and topics 1-9:
Advaita Topics 10-16:
10. No Body Continuity / “ME” (Counter 1-56)
11. Not Born / No Creation / Cannot Die (Counter 56-200)
12. No Peace of “mind” / My “mind” / “Their “mind” (Counter 200-333)
13. Brain vs. “mind” vs. Consciousness (Counter 333-500)
14. Not in the World (Counter 500-603)
15. Inner Guru (Counter 603-715)
16. Personality-Suffering Connection / Upgrading Illusions (Counter 715-840)
Click on the arrow below to start Video Two and topics 10-16:
Advaita Topics 18-24:
18. The Role-Playing + Co-dependency + Suicide Link (Counter 1-205)
19. Upgrading / Downgrading Illusions (Counter 205-300)
20. Emotions vs. Feelings (Counter 300-422)
21. Religion and Spirituality (Counter 422-547)
22. Question All (Counter 547-713)
23. Natural vs. Unnatural vs. Supernatural Living (Counter 713-833)
24. When Trillions Are Wrong (Counter 833-920)
Click on the arrow below to start Video Three and topics 18-24:
Advaita Topics 25-31:
25. Christ the Advaitin (Counter 1-150)
26. Child Ignorance / The Pre-”mind” State (Counter 150-340)
27. Child Ignorance vs. Learned Ignorance (Counter 340-439)
28. Two Levels of Witnessing (Counter 439-554)
29. Desires and Fears (Counter 554-641)
30. Consciousness vs. Awareness (Counter 641-720)
31. Real Love vs. false love (Counter 720-846)
Click on the arrow below to start Video Four and topics 25-31:
Advaita Topics 32-33:
32. Zero Concepts (Counter 1-120)
33. The Nothingness (Counter 120-250)
Click on the arrow below to start Video Five and topics 32-33:
For more information, you may read about:
The Seven Steps to Realization
by telephone and the call (either international or in the U.S.) will be free.
NOTE: A seeker who plans to attend an Advaita retreat this August is seeking someone to share the costs. If you are interested, you may use the Contact link and arrangements can be made. With this opportunity, you will be able to attend at about 50% of the regular price. For details of the retreats offered, please visit the retreat information site.
TABLE OF CONTENTS BELOW:
1. SATSANG BY TELEPHONE
2. REALIZATION AIDS
3. ARRANGE FOR FLOYD TO SPEAK TO YOUR GROUP
4. SUBMITTING ADVAITA VEDANTA POETRY FOR PUBLICATIONS
1. SATSANG BY TELEPHONE:
A. FREE CALLS INSIDE THE U.S.
B. FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS ALSO (via Skype)
If you do not already have a Skype account, you need only search “Skype” and, download the free program and take a few minutes to set up your account; then Floyd will call you and you will pay no telephone charges for your session.
Use the Contact link for details or for information on making arrangements for a session
2. REALIZATION AIDS
The Advanced Seekers’ Three-eBook Set
From the I to the Absolute
Consciousness / Awareness
From the Absolute to the Nothingness
Purchase one or all at The Official Website of Floyd Henderson
Most titles are also available as eBooks
The Official Website of Floyd Henderson
3. ARRANGE FOR FLOYD TO TRAVEL TO YOUR LOCATION AND SPEAK TO YOUR GROUP
Use the contact link above to arrange a session in your city either in the U.S. or internationally.
4. SUBMITTING ADVAITA VEDANTA POETRY FOR PUBLICATION
Submitting Advaita Vedanta Poetry for Publication
FROM “ANONYMOUS”: Almost every visitor brought Maharaj food or flowers. I’d like to treat you to a meal if you tell me how to do so with my credit card!
FROM LOUISE, SOUTH AFRICA: [Consider the case of an acquaintance who] added a donate button to his site. Regular blog readers were happy to support the site in this way.
F.: Okay—so it’s done, but note that the postings and responses are offered without charge, as is access to the library of 1,330+ Advaitin essays archived on the site.