254. The Ultimate Sickness involves the duality rooted in (1) assuming multiple personalities (personas, ego-states, roles, false identities) and then in (2) all of the personality disorders that accompany those assumed personalities.
255. Abiding under the auspices of personality, people are driven by the specific fear-agenda and / or desire-agenda of any given persona. The result is a constant series of patterns and repetitions, none recognized by persons who are always in one personality trance or another and therefore thinking in a trance, talking from the trance, and behaving in fashions that are a result of the trance and a result of one or more of the desire or fear agendas of their assumed or assigned personas.
256. Liberation refers to the condition of being free from living under the influence of the hidden, subconscious agendas of personalities.
257. The wisdom of the ancient non-dual message has long allowed Realized teachers to warn persons of the chaos and insanity that accompanies body-mind-personality identification and personality assumption and to provide a means by which persons could be freed of the traits of personality and their accompanying mental illnesses and from all of the other effects of the Ultimate Sickness.
258. Ego-states, being rooted in duality, are forever making judgments about who is virtuous and who is not.
259. It is because "others" can become the pawns that insane persons use to complete the agenda of their assumed personas or the internal chaos generated by the bizarre beliefs stored in their "minds" that the children in New Town, Connecticut became the targets of Adam Lanza and why the people in Boston, Massachusetts became the targets of the Tsarneav brothers.
260. To suggest that ego-state / personality-driven acts and egotism-inspired acts and ignorance-and-stupidity-and-insanity-based acts are really acts that happen because certain people are not virtuous or because they are sinful and evil is to oversimplify the multiple factors involved in any actual chain of causation.
261. It is the use of such religious and ideological and spiritual-based judgments and assessments that prevent the masses from ever understanding what is actually at play behind any and all acts of violence and fighting and war.
262. "Evil" is not at the root of the planet's widespread instances of fighting and divorcing and regional rivalries and shootings and stabbings and bombings and civil wars and international wars and mass murder and genocide; what is at the root is a dualistic belief that involves this mentality: "me vs. him or her" and "me vs. them" and "us vs. them."
263. Once false identities are adopted, then the battle lines will already have been drawn; then the battle begins after (1) an assumed ego-state upgrades itself; and after that ego-state (2) downgrades any other persona or persons whom it thinks represents a threat to the agenda of that assumed ego-state (or after an ego-state identifies another - an "other" or "others" - that can be used to "create" and sustain one or more assumed ego-states or create another).
264. Lanza needed the children in an elementary school in order to create and sustain a new identity of "The World's Number One Mass Murderer"; the brothers in Boston needed bystanders and runners to create and sustain the new persona of "The Number One Avengers of Wrongs Perpetuated Against Muslims by the U.S. Government." See? Ego and egotism: "I'm #1!" and "We're #1!"
265. To assign "evil" as the cause of those deeds ends the search for understanding the actual elements in the chain of causation. To understand some of the elements in the chain of causation, one must understand the ways that persons are driven by the agendas of their assumed ego-states which are then driven to extreme actions after the ego-defense mechanism of egotism is triggered.
266. When egotism is triggered, one is always believed to be better than "others"; what one wants is always more important than what "others" want; and whatever one's cause or causes are will always be thought to be more important that the causes of "others."
267. When an ego-state is assumed and upgraded and then supported by egotism, persons automatically believe that they and their causes and desires are "good" and the causes and desires of "others" are "evil."
258. So, it is not "evil" that downgrades "others" to the point that they are irrelevant, relatively speaking; it is ego and ego-state assumption and egotism that does that. When the agendas of one's personalities / personas are believed to be overwhelmingly significant while the agendas of "others" are simultaneously seen to be totally irrelevant, then "others" can as readily be squashed as might happen with a tiny insect that crosses one's path.
Please enter the silence of contemplation.
(ITS WRITING AND FREE DISTRIBUTION IS MADE POSSIBLE THROUGH THE SUPPORT OF REALIZED NISARGAN AND ADVAITIN ANDY GUGAR, JR. WHO IS DEDICATED TO SHARING THE TEACHING AND TO ASSURING THAT THE TEACHING ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO SEEKERS THAT ARE INTERESTED)
A free copy of the 200+ page eBook
"GOOD vs. EVIL?" or "IGNORANCE, STUPIDITY, and INSANITY?"
will be emailed as an attachment to visitors to this site upon their request.
Details for receiving your free copy or for sending a free copy to friends or relatives will be provided when the eBook is ready.
Just hang on to those please.
A Non-Duality Online Course is currently available at a reduced rate. See above for details.
[Received from Mac, 10/17/12]:
21. Both saw that many who heard the teachings are not going to understand (Maharaj reporting that "only 1 in 100,000 are going to 'get' this" understanding) 22. both soon saw that even more than expected of those who heard the teachings were not going to understand (Maharaj modifying his "guesstimate" and reporting that "only 1 in 1,000,000 are going to 'get' this" understanding) 23. eventually both saw that even far more than expected of those who heard the teachings were not going to understand (Maharaj eventually concluding that "only 1 in 10,000,000 are going to 'get' this" understanding). And the failings were not the fault of seekers. A "one -in-ten-million" estimate is proof that satsang was not working for most seekers, and the evidence here lately is proof of the same.
Both "Maharaj" and "Floyd" invited seekers to focus on the exact, step-wise "path." Yes, during satsang, "Maharaj" sometimes alluded to the steps while discussing them in no particular order - but he never once laid out the steps in the exact order in which they had to be completed. That was not his teachings style or approach.
Therefore, another movement or shift is happening here spontaneously after reflecting on the more than two decades since the teachings were first offered here and looking at the results of Maharaj sharing pointers in his loft and looking at the results of "Floyd" sharing pointers in this electronic loft: Looking objectively at his results, Maharaj's satsang method of sharing - in the end and by his own admission (only "one out of 10,000,000") - did not produce the intended outcome.
Looking objectively at the results here when using an "electronic loft" satsang method of sharing has not produced the intended outcome nearly as often as any of the three "face-to-face" methods used with seekers by which they have been led through the seven steps in order. Here, the body is growing older, of course. Mahasamadhi could be taken today, or it could be taken in twenty years.
Obviously, that cannot be known. But the decision here has been made that whatever amount of the relative existence remains shall be spent in sharing the teachings in the ways that have been seen over the last 20+ years to be the most effective methods.
Looking back over the list of those that have truly received the understanding, it is seen that Robert R. read all of the books, then took the online Advaita course and then completed some face-to-face Skype sessions to receive the final clarifications required. It was seen that Mac read all of the books, completed the online course, and then attended a retreat where he was guided through the seven steps. Mac said that the online course work inspired him to attend the retreat in order to be able to receive the final "pieces." It was seen that Andy Gugar, Jr. read all of the books, then came here for a retreat and was taken through the seven steps in order, and then returned once more for the final clarifications required. After reviewing the shifts that happened with him after attending two retreats, he reaffirmed this past week his commitment to helping spread the non-duality, nisarga understanding as presented here. As a result of seeing what has "worked" during the last 20+ years of sharing the non-duality understanding - and seeing what had not "worked" as well - changes will be made.
SHIFTING THE FOCUS FROM THAT WHICH DOES NOT WORK TO THAT WHICH DOES, Part Two
(Four by Floyd Henderson and two by Dennis Waite. Click the picture for more information or to order)
* * * * * * *
FOR THOSE SEEKING FURTHER EXPLANATION OF THE NON-DUALITY UNDERSTANDING, AS NOTED ABOVE, SOME SEEKERS HAVE REALIZED BY USING THE METHODS BELOW, OR A COMBINATION OF THE METHODS:
I. BY WATCHING the 4-Disk, Seven-Hour Video (DVD) Set of an advaita retreat, or the downloadable file version. To find out more or to purchase the DVD or downloadable computer file version of the retreat, DVD or Downloadable computer file versions of the Four-Day Advaita Retreat
International buyers: note the separate option for those outside the continental U.S.
II. BY READING the explanations offered in the collection of non-duality books that are available on this site and at www.floydhenderson.com.
III. BY ENROLLING in the Online Advaita Classes For information, visit Information on the Advaita Classes on the Internet To enroll visit Enroll in the Advaita Internet Course
IV. BY ATTENDING an Advaitin retreat with floyd and being guided through all seven steps. For details of the retreats offered, please visit the retreat information site.
V. BY ARRANGING a one-hour session via Skype or telephone with Floyd. (Skype is a free service.)
Click the button to pay and you will be contacted to arrange a date and time for the call.
VI. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BOOKS are available at
Floyd Henderson's Website
This anthology of four books by Floyd Henderson contains the volumes that make up what has been called "The Advanced Seekers' Series" for those seeking Realization via the Advaita teachings
This anthology contains the six books that make up what has been called "The Blissful Abidance Series" for those seeking to live blissfully and happily for the remainder of the manifestation, including these books
This book can be read as a "Stand-Alone eBook" or as a "Companion Piece" or "Follow-Up" to be read after "When Only Three Hours of Manifestation Remain."
The author of this book is also the co-author of a book with Mark Houston entitled "A Twelve-Step Journey to SELF-Transformation"
After having guided over 8,000 people through the Twelve Steps, the focus eventually turned toward working with the few who have been seeking recovery for some time but sense that "there must be something more" or who have said, "I am still not where I want to be." A few - even with double-digit "sobriety" - have said, "I don't want to drink ... I want to die."
RELATED TOPICS: alcoholism treatment, enneagram, addiction, Mark Houston, non-duality, non-duality ebooks, liberation, enlightenment, liberation, realization, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, unity, oneness